Sunday, December 10, 2006

Red Hot Nehemiah and the Chilli Peppers

"The joy of the Lord is my strength," (Nehemiah 8:10) is certainly a statement that I value and live by... in fact the whole of the book of Nehemiah is pretty awesome! Recognising and looking out for moments of joy is something I've talked about before - first the joy that only comes from being close to God (that's his amazing gift to us), but also the type of joy that comes from the pleasure of stuff that he's enabled in us... a creative people from a Creative God. So, it's becoming something of a regular feature round the Teapot to provide a piece of music or video that I consider a joy, and usually that I've been listening to repeatedly! For the last couple of hours TeenSon and I have been picking out great bass lines from great songs and just delighting in the wonder and joy of music. (We'll do some awesome classical stuff another time...). So today's Teapot Choice is... "Snow (Hey Oh)" by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, embedded here (click twice but not a double-click) for your joy and pleasure. Oh and a bit of air guitar thrown in wouldn't hurt either - though today, like I said, we're going for the bass part... because the joy of the Lord can be expressed in many ways!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home