Friday, November 10, 2006

Pat and Ernie

I thought I was a person well able to resist the influence and lure of advertising... but it seems not! While I was listening to Chris Moyles on Radio 1 the other morning (and wow, there is someone who can ramble on even better than me!!) there came an advert for C Beebies! Now, I admit, I haven't watched much C Beebies - we didn't have Freeview in the not-too-distant days when I was a childminder, so our little bits of TV together were usually on BBC1 or BBC2, but I'm sure we'd have watched it if I had it!
Anyway, someone in this advert (I can't remember who) was waxing particularly lyrical about Gary Linekar taking on the very special role as a London Underground tube driver. This delight comes in the form of 'Underground Ernie'! Well they got me! I'm going to have to go and find Ernie now and see if he can in any way compare with Postman Pat, who (as you may or may not know) I think is the best bloke on tele and should win awards... I mean, who else can deliver all the post, rescue a cat, entertain sick children, mend a roof, hold the community together, do the schoolrun, find lost property and humour Granny Dryden all in one day? Underground Ernie has a lot to live up to.
I think it's very healthy to wander off every so often and find our inner child, so I will be parked in front of C Beebies for my teabreak today. Not to worry if you can't manage that... I also discovered you can while away a few minutes playing 'Where's Woolly' on the website... very therapeutic!

It has just occured to me that Ernie has one quality over Pat... Postman Pat has never played for Spurs!

11 Comments:

At November 10, 2006 2:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chelley, do I really need to remind you of the 1981 FA Cup 3rd Round tie, where Greendale FC beat Spurs 1-0 with a late goal by Ted Glen? :P

 
At November 10, 2006 2:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you'll find that goal was disallowed due to a handball just before by Revd Timms.

 
At November 10, 2006 2:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, that was Ted's previous shot. I'm meaning the one in the 84th minute where he beat the offside trap and coolly slotted the ball into the top right corner. I know you might want to try to block the memory of it out, but it's a classic goal that everyone remembers - Greendale's finest footballing achievement.

What's that, nurse? Time for my medication? OK...

 
At November 10, 2006 2:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, yes... but those Meds have clouded your memory somewhat... I know the shot you mean - the one that Ted clouted into the top right hand corner... but you might remember that he'd been going the wrong way and it was a most impressive own goal... Mrs. Goggins didn't stand a chance of stopping it. So, I think you'll find that match resulted in a 1-0 win for Spurs.

 
At November 10, 2006 2:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have got to go out now (work and all!) but don't even try and turn this match your way in my absence - it won't work - Spurs won - I have it on video... Pat did let himself down a bit that day, getting that yellow card (tut tut).

 
At November 11, 2006 4:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yadda yadda yadda, all this talk is pointless when we all KNOW who the best team are. Dont we ?

snigger snigger ;)

L x

 
At November 11, 2006 6:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's it... only the anonymous dare to even try and mention them on my blog!! I can see you though L, hiding back there!

 
At November 13, 2006 5:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

snigger snigger, and didnt we do well over the weekend ;)

 
At November 13, 2006 5:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If teapots could give out red cards, you would have one right now matey!! :p

 
At November 13, 2006 5:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohh shaking in my 3-0 boots.

lol :D

Now what ya gonna do now your red card is used?!

 
At November 13, 2006 5:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose I could set all the Liverpool fans on you!

Or, I could just treat any other Ar***** comments as spam. :D Hmmmm, now there's a thought!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home