Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Amazing Song

I find there are some songs that send a shiver down my spine when I listen to them, and the one below is definitely one of them (click twice in the box to play, but not a double-click!). I love what this song expresses and would hope that I will always be able to make these words my own.
The recording of the song is accompanied by images that reflect what is being sung... moving from images of the beauty of the earth to others reflecting the agony of the crucifixion.

Every blessing you pour out
I'll turn back to praise.
When the darkness closes in Lord,
still I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord,
Blessed be Your name.
Blessed be the name of the Lord,
Blessed be Your glorious name.

(Matt Redman)

Awesome!

2 Comments:

At December 03, 2006 1:43 pm, Blogger TrudyJ said...

Just surfed over here from SoF and am enjoying your blog ... especially this video! Now I want to start trawling YouTube for praise and worship videos. (Given the looking-down-one's-nose attitude to worship music prevalent on the Ship it's nice to come across another Shipmate who appreciates it!)

Trudy(Scrumptious)

 
At December 04, 2006 6:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Trudy... so glad you're enjoying the Teapot! I think there are perhaps quite a lot of Shipmates tucked away in the bows of our "I thought this was a Christian website?" who love good worship music (and more importantly, God!). Enjoy your YouTube search.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home