Saturday, July 22, 2006

Happy Anniversay RevGals!

It's the first anniversary of the RevGalBlogPals webring, so in honour of the occassion here are my thoughts for the 'Friday Five':

1) What is your first memory of the RevGalBlogPals?
I have been trying to remember how I first came across the ring... but am still a bit fuzzy-memoried on that! I only discovered the whole phenomenon of blogging and its related communities in March of this year and at that time I seemed to be stumbling upon a whole load of new people and sites... Who first provided the link to the first RevGal blog I read, I don't know! I do remember though wondering whether to take the plunge and identify myself (my blog) as a RevGal by joining - which I obviously did and haven't regretted it for a moment! (I was only just dipping my toe into the waters of blogs and was nervously guarded on the net to begin with).

2) Have you met any of the other ring members in real life?
Unfortunately no (not that I'm aware of!)... though Maggi did come and speak (most inspiringly) while I was at Ridley Hall in Cambridge a couple of years ago - though I was just a part of the sea of faces in the lecture hall!

3) Of those you haven't met, name a few you would love to know in person.
Well, being such a newbie, I haven't managed to read many of the blogs yet - and I feel like I've still got a long way to go in 'getting to know' people through their blogs, or to start commenting back and forth. It's been interesting reading the other answers to these questions and seeing the friendships that have been formed. I have really enjoyed reading (and occassionally commenting on) Kathryn's blog, have found her insights and observations inspiring, and have just enjoyed 'sharing' some of the experiences of another curate in the CofE, so I'd say that meeting Kathryn would be great one day - and many more as I get to know you!

4) What has Ring Membership added to your life?
The bringing closer of a whole bunch of people who I otherwise wouldn't stand a chance of meeting, talking to and getting to know; and a place to share common experiences, ideas and concerns.

5) Describe a hope for the future of the WebRing.
I hope at this point it's alright for me to leave the bigger vision and hopes to others and just say that I hope to get to know others and to offer something to the community. Better go and get reading then eh!

(By the way - sorry about the colours today... I fiddled around and can't remember the number for my default greeny colour... if I find it, normal service will be resumed!)

Well how about that... stop messing around with it and the green appears...!

5 Comments:

At July 22, 2006 11:23 am, Blogger see-through faith said...

Glad that you are part of the revgal circle Chelley. I'm hoping there will be a revgal gathering in England sometime ... and then a few of us could meet. It' s not too far from Finland ... so who knows??????

 
At July 22, 2006 11:43 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks STF... it would be good wouldn't it! Yes, England's just a hop, a skip and a jump from Finland :)

 
At July 22, 2006 1:18 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, if I'm going to meet Kathryn, you certainly should, too!
I look forward to reports of a British RevGal meet-up someday.

 
At August 02, 2006 3:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At August 21, 2006 3:17 pm, Blogger Kathryn said...

I don't suppose you're going to Greenbelt, Michelle? That's the BEST place to meet lovely people (though they are to be found elsewhere, of course;-))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home