Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Day of Judgement...


For a very long time people have been telling me I look like Maureen Lipman! Even on the day, in my early twenties, when I was dressed up doing bridesmaid duty for my friend, her dad wandered up to me and said, "Do you know, you look just like Maureen Lipman?" Now, I'm a huge fan of Ms. L - I have a load of her books, I think she's very funny and all that but it does get a bit weird sometimes (and I won't mention the fact that she's a looooot older than me)!
I hadn't thought about it for a while, until a couple of weeks ago when the lady herself came to our humble town to do a talk or audience with or something like that. I wasn't able to go, but a load of people from the church went - and yes, for the next few days, I got a whole load of "Ooh, did you know, you look just like Maureen Lipman!"
So, faithful readers of the Teapot, this is the moment of truth! Above you will see two pictures - me and the Lipster... so, do I really look like her then?

16 Comments:

At January 30, 2007 5:39 pm, Blogger The Birdwatcher said...

You could be mistaken for her daughter I suppose.

 
At January 30, 2007 8:04 pm, Blogger Shaz said...

When 18 & going through my curly perm stage I was likened to "Angie Watts" from Easternders (on more than one occassion). Not only did this traumatise me but I now refuse to liken anyone to someone else. So I say "No" you look like a very pretty you x x x

 
At January 31, 2007 9:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I had chickenpox as a 21year old, I had such a high fever I was hallucinating and I thought I was Maureen Lipman....

 
At February 01, 2007 9:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It all depends... can you do the scary Maureen Lipman turn from Doctor Who last year?

 
At February 01, 2007 10:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi! you resemble that remark.

Have you got an *OLOGY*???

 
At February 01, 2007 10:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah you look like her but a much younger version ;)

 
At February 01, 2007 10:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*oh yes she does*

 
At February 01, 2007 10:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what IS this obsession you have with age, butler?

 
At February 02, 2007 7:23 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, there seems a mix of opinion anyway!
Beki - do you think that had something to do with your present comic writing ability! ;)
Ferijen - how's this... HUUUUUUUUNGRY!!!!
And to the rest of you lovely, mad lot - thanks for the panto argument there!! :D

 
At February 02, 2007 7:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I meant to say...
Shaz - thanks :)

 
At February 04, 2007 11:09 pm, Blogger Ivonne said...

thanks for leaving a comment on my blog... it was a lovely day we had by the coast, even though it was freezing cold, the lighting was really beautiful. And it is nice to know that someone is reading my blog once in a while ;)

 
At February 06, 2007 8:41 pm, Blogger Shaz said...

I'm waiting!!!!!!

 
At February 06, 2007 8:42 pm, Blogger Shaz said...

I'm waiting!!!!!!

 
At February 06, 2007 8:43 pm, Blogger Shaz said...

I'm waiting!!!!!!

 
At February 08, 2007 9:26 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ivonne: I've enjoyed reading your blog, and that picture was gorgeous, definitely a "wish I was there" type picture! :D

Shaz: lol - are you waiting for me to get on with the "5 things you didn't know about me" thing you tagged me with? And were those three "waiting" posts to show your impatience or because you hit send too many times by accident! ;) I'll try and do it today - honest!

 
At February 10, 2007 7:51 pm, Blogger geokker said...

I absolutely can't stand that woman. Thankfully, you look nothing like her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home