Tuesday, January 16, 2007

And Now For Something Completely Different...

I am conducting a social experiment while sitting here with my cup of tea this evening! It is an experiment in the quality of humour in the modern British psyche... Oh, alright then... I'm just watching 'Russell Brand Live' with a view to seeing if he's actually very funny, or if the 'Big Fat Quiz of the Year 2006' was a one off. I watched that a load of times over Christmas and Russell and team mate Noel Fielding had me nearly wetting myself with laughter every time! (What a horrible expression!)

[Short pause while I turn off the DVD so I can actually concentrate on what I'm saying here!]

Well, I've watched a bit of it and I have to say that I think he's a very funny man - but typically for modern comics - he has to go into the realms of totally gross and 'I really don't want to hear about that!!' The fact that the DVD's an 18 means I was expecting no less... but still, if some of these blokes left some things to the imagination I reckon they'd be brilliant.

The good thing about carrying out your own social experiments is that you can write them up however you like... so my easy-one-step conclusion is this: Russell Brand is very rude in his Live Show but very, very funny on the Big Fat Quiz of the year 2006 - as long as you have the sense of humour of a fruitcake, like me!

For those who didn't experience it... here is an excerpt containing such delights as 'pen,' 'West Ham' and the bonus of Sir Ian McKellen reading a bit of Jade Goody's book (!):



And now, on a completely different note... the cat has decided to adopt the washing basket as a bed... think they own the place!


I think I'll start a new little blog tradition here... 'Comment-at-the-end-of-the-post.*' And today the comment-at-the-end-of-the-post will be: "87% of people cannot spell Minnesota... Minessotta, er, Minnesota... Minneesotta... - but I am one of the 13% who can."

*carefully selected from the store of informative, inspirational, observational, remarkeable and fascinating facts in my head**... and nothing whatsoever to do with having to say something here and not finish with a photo - which always wrecks the page for some reason!

**yes, you can stop laughing now.

4 Comments:

At January 17, 2007 10:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Argh, I cannot bear that man (although in that clip he is quite funny, I agree). I think if he were stupid it would not bother me, but he is an educated a bright person, and really should be doing better than crude humour and being so annoying.

I am glad he is no longer on 6Music, the chap who replaced him is much funnier, and for real humour listen to Stephen Merchants show on Sunday afternoons.

 
At January 18, 2007 1:34 pm, Blogger Majic said...

And I don't don't even know who Russell Brand is!! I'm so out of touch. Is he a relative of Jo?
BTW, love the cat pic - my porky puss will give any receptacle a go - carrier bags, boxes, obviously the washing basket, and caught him in the sink the other day. (Which is apparently very common, though it's the first time he's done it. Perhaps he's been checking out www.catsinsinks.com !!)

 
At January 22, 2007 9:19 pm, Blogger Shaz said...

Fruitcake humour No. 2 here! But I do wish he'd use a comb on that mop. I bet there's a few cats living in that barnet!

 
At January 23, 2007 9:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can guarentee, cats DO own the place!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home