Thursday, November 02, 2006

Kasabian and Questions

I am sitting here listening to the absolutely bloomin' fantastic Kasabian - it's a good job I don't have a webcam for you to watch and hear the delightful phenomenon of me singing and chair dancing along!! Loud is good! I am also stuffing my face with those moreish dried pineapple chunk type thingies - lovely!
Other than that totally, lets face it non-blogworthy piece of information, I really have very little blog inspiration today - so I'm going to take Steve's great suggestion and offer to answer any random questions you might want to throw in my direction via the comments. Virtual truth or dare... er... well, without the dare*! So, over to you!!

*I reserve the right to veto any particularly dodgy type questions!

Me and TeenSon are now air guitaring to 'Shoot the Runner'... awesome!!

5 Comments:

At November 02, 2006 5:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, in light of your antics while listening to Kasabian, I wondered what you would pick as the ultimate track for air guitar action?

There are too many to choose from, but for riffage alone, Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns 'N' Roses has to be a serious contender!

 
At November 02, 2006 6:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I like that question!!
'Sweet Child O'Mine' would absolutely and definitely be in my top choices for awesome riffage and air guitar action... then I'd probably add Black Sabbath's 'Paranoid' and ZZ Top's 'Gimme All Your Lovin'... among others!
I hope there will be a rockin' air guitar bit of heaven!
I feel a whole post brewing on this one at some point in the not-too-distant-future!

 
At November 03, 2006 5:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Chelley,

Can I ask about your job? What exactly you do and what that entails?

Best Wishes,

SV

 
At November 03, 2006 6:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi SV,
Yep good question! I'm a Church of England minister (Curate to be specific - like an assistant vicar). It's an amazing job and entails many different things... In terms of what I do - the vision statement of the church I was in through my 20's sums it up well I think: "To know Christ and to make him known". My job I'd say is about living that out, equipping the church to live that out and reflecting something of God's love, hope, story and presence in the community!!
And specifically my job involves leading worship, preaching, teaching, school assemblies, praying for my church, our community and the world, drinking cups of tea, listening, walking alongside people whatever's going on in their lives, at times challenging and encouraging each other to try and live lives following Christ's example, taking weddings and funerals, writing stuff, baptising... and the list goes on! :)
It's an amazing privilege... hope that answers your question adequately... feel free to ask more if it doesn't. ;)

Chelley

 
At November 05, 2006 3:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure how I managed to miss off that list the hours I spend on youth related activities! What with the preparation and leading/running of the church Youth Group and the other Youth Club we run in the hall (which is a tad wilder and for kids from all over the place!) I keep myself busy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home