Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Praying

I'm praying for you Cheesehead.
I began with words and asked God to hold onto you,
to help you and strengthen you.
I'm praying for all of you there.
I wanted to light a candle for you, reflecting the light of Christ.
And then I remembered this...
the Circle of Friends.
And that became my prayer too -
as I looked at the arms linked together,
at the light still burning,
at the image of community and comfort.
And I pray that you will know the peace of God,
you will know him surrounding you on every side,
you will know him holding onto you as we pray...

With love.

3 Comments:

At August 17, 2006 11:31 am, Blogger Cathy said...

Beautiful. Amen.

 
At August 17, 2006 5:45 pm, Blogger Jules said...

I am so touched by your kindness.

"Thank you" seems so inadequate, so let me say "God bless you."

 
At August 18, 2006 5:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you too Cheesehead... still praying for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home