Monday, August 14, 2006

Funny Little Ways

TeenSon has been laughing at some of my 'funny little ways' again - affectionately of course!
Today is my first day back at work after two weeks off, and having returned from our camping trip part way through last week, I've had time to sit and read and catch up with things a bit.
So, the other day I was quite contentedly sitting at the little kitchen table with a nice cup of tea (of course!) and a good book - 'Musn't Grumble (An Accidental Return to England)' by Joe Bennett. What's so strange about that you may be wondering? Well, it was the huge road atlas plonked on the table too that amused TeenSon - I can never read anything involving travel (and I read a lot of that type of stuff) without having a map to follow precisely in their footsteps. Makes absolute sense to me anyway!

And as a related aside: It was this sense of being known and understood that struck me about God when I was reading Psalm 139 some years ago...

"O Lord, you have searched me and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways."

Bowled me over that did!

1 Comments:

At August 24, 2006 9:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Michelle,

How are you? How old is your son? Your post struck a chord with me as I always laugh at my Mum's funny little ways too!

Best Wishes,

SV

 

Post a Comment

<< Home