Saturday, August 25, 2007

Changes

Well, I don't think it'll be too hard to decide where to start on my catch-up reading plan (see previous post)... thanks Ivonne for the only comment - I'll start with your suggestion then! (Perhaps any latecomers would like to consider the question while I'm studying a bit of Freud anyway).

So, I have made it to my (our) new home - though it feels more like a house with a load of boxes everywhere than home at the moment - though the home aspect is increasing daily. We're at that rather strange point in time where most people here are relative strangers, I haven't started work again at this end (though I'm very glad to have a break), TeenSon is waiting to hear if he has a place at the 6th form college and I keep walking into the downstairs loo instead of the kitchen because the doors are unsurprisingly in different places to our old house!

As I sit here pondering a bit, it feels like only yesterday when we moved to OldTown for the beginning of my curacy (trainee vicar post), when everyone there was a stranger and the thought of beginning life as a new minister was pretty daunting. Now they're the ones we've come to love and have said goodbye to, ministry has been a challenge and a delight over the last three years, and there are now new challenges ahead. So it's good to remember as I sit here waiting that God has watched over, guided and equipped me (us) all the way... and will do so again. Hmm... if he can guide my path through that lot you'd think guiding me to the kitchen instead of the downstairs loo would be a doddle!

2 Comments:

At August 30, 2007 1:07 am, Blogger Shaz said...

Pleased to see you back in blogtown too, hope your new home is a happy one x x x

 
At August 30, 2007 3:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about reading Platos Republic, always one of my favourite Texts at A-level, or try dusting off some of those Roman historians, Tactitus or Seutonius perhaps?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home