Thursday, July 26, 2007

Oh dear... this is what things have come to round here...*

There once was a teapot called "Chelley's,"
that was random but much-loved like wellies.**
It was rarely profound
though had dreams to astound
but 'twas as likely as me seen on your tellies.

*I would promise that normal service will soon be resumed, but I don't think that'd help much!
**You have to have some appreciation of wellington boots to get the full benefit of this limerick. Fortunately I am very fond of my wellington boots which are white with big green leaves on and come from Millets, one of my favourite shops in the whole universe.

3 Comments:

At July 28, 2007 7:36 pm, Blogger Ivonne said...

I was going to compliment your wellington boots when we were there, but completely forgot. Hope you and TeenSon have recovered from us being there. Thank you again so much for letting us stay :). We had a lovely time!

 
At August 01, 2007 4:55 pm, Blogger Kim in KCK said...

I just found your blog from the RevGals ring, and really enjoy your poetry and sense of humor. Thank you for a smile today.

 
At August 01, 2007 9:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well thank you both for your lovely comments!
Ivonne, it was my pleasure - really enjoyed your stay. :D
And kim, thanks, that's really encouraging and glad it made you smile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home