Friday, April 13, 2007

Bressingham

I had a lovely day out yesterday, with my mum, at Bressingham steam museum and gardens. It's a place I've been to many times before: with my dad and TeenSon through the years from when TeenSon was a small boy; on my own on a day off for a quiet wander, a sit in the gardens with a good book and time to sit and write in such lovely surroundings; and now with my mum. I was delighted that she also loved my favourite part of all that Bressingham has to offer... the Foggy Bottom garden:There seems to be something for everyone here - though it's a joy for me as I love all of it! The steam museum on this occassion was full of pieces from 'Dad's Army' and 'Only Fools and Horses' as well as the usual steam locomotives, old fire engines, traction engines and bits and pieces from life on the old railways.

Del Boy's three wheeled van!
One of the steam engines

There are wonderful miniature steam railways to ride on so we enjoyed a trip all around the nursery fields on a steam train... taking this picture of the steam driven carousel on the way past (which we also, of course, had to have a go on!).

And last, but by no means least, is the lovely Dell garden...

It's such a great place to visit - especially if like me - you've been brought up by a steam-train fanatic dad, love history and love gardens... wasn't that nice of them to put it all together in one place!

2 Comments:

At April 14, 2007 1:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chelley,

This sounds great! I went to Cosford Areodrome and that was great! Fancy finding Trotter's van!

Best Wishes,

Tom (formerly GV - Tom is my real name and I have moved blogs. Honestly, I'm determinded to settle now!)

 
At April 16, 2007 9:52 pm, Blogger Shaz said...

NOt a steam fan but I would have loved those gardens x x Nice pictures x x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home