Friday, October 06, 2006

The Continuing Saga of the Bollard(s)

You will be aware if you have read this, that I have recently acquired two rather large traffic island bollards (pictured above in their temporary home of my garden). A nice man at the end of the Police telephone "we deal with all kinds of random situations and nutters" line, assured me that he had been onto the Highways Agency and that they would come and collect their bollards - which as you can see are in pretty good nick, despite their adventures of late. Well, as of nearly a fortnight later, I still have my bollards (hereafter known as lumi and nous!).

TeenSon is still quite keen to give one of them a new home in his bedroom (TeenDen) as it would make an unusual piece of modern furniture... though I have pointed out to him that lumi and nous have most likely seen action as Public Conveniences (their previous home being on a well-used local home-from-the-pub, staggering route - just like 'Gate' who generously guards our driveway and offers a similar service on Saturday nights). Despite this he is still keen to give them a wash down and comfortable new home!

Neil has also suggested that they might make interesting lamps for my living room (aka lounge... we are common!) - a worthy suggestion indeed.

And so now I invite you also to make your suggestions as to the future use of lumi and nous. I think we'll make it a decent sort of competition (if you get into the spirit of things) so please make note of the following before diving in with ideas...

a) All suggestions to be do-able in our house and/or garden (I am not making a public exhibition of myself - well no more than usual anyway!)

b) I will attempt to carry out your suggestions and photograph them in action wherever possible, and of course keep you updated right here.

c) If there are enough suggestions and piccies to justify it, a vote and then winner will be announced at some later date and a prize will be awarded in due course. (And the prize will not be lumi and/or nous, unless you particularly request them!)

8 Comments:

At October 07, 2006 8:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, perhaps they'd make a good set of book-ends?

 
At October 09, 2006 12:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fill them with twinkly lights, cover them in tinsil, and you have the perfect christmas garden decoration!

 
At October 09, 2006 12:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol... watch this space!

 
At October 10, 2006 10:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I'd definitely keep them as garden ornaments!

Just found your blog...off to nose as I sense a fellow 'randomer'!

 
At October 10, 2006 11:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi beki! Hope you enjoy the randomness here! Have paid a return visit to your blog and commented there - I am Coeliac too!

 
At October 11, 2006 12:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm back! I hope you have a plentiful supply of gluten free biscuits for your tea breaks!

Have you discovered Mrs Crimbles coconut macaroons? They have been my life saver. I never liked coconut before but so desperate was I for something bisuity/cakey - they really filled a gap!

 
At October 11, 2006 4:49 pm, Blogger Majic said...

You could have them strategically placed pointing to things you really want people to see, like your favourite rose bush, or the toenail clippings your husband has left on the bathroom floor!

 
At October 22, 2006 5:34 pm, Blogger RenaSherwood said...

You could argue that your garden gnomes needed low-cost housing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home