Sunday, September 17, 2006

Roving Bollards!

Well, I had been wondering what to blog about! It's the early hours of Sunday morning and I am now wide awake! Heard some kind of crash just outside the house a little while ago and a bloke shouting - and seeing as the racket was (as ever) pretty close to the door, I headed upstairs for my baseball bat - well it did sound like the front door was about to come down Rambo style! ;) TeenSon very unimpressed right now at the rude awakening. Anyway, what do I see about 2 feet away from the window... one of those traffic island bollards - minus the traffic island!
Some enlightened fellow obviously decided that said bollard was having a lonely existence on its isolated little traffic island and thought he'd take it for a little walk... aaah. Though perhaps negotiating the alleyway next to our place was a bit ambitious so the bollard is abandoned. How heavy are bollards - I'll have to move it out the way to get to my car tomorrow?

After a few moments of reflection... I hope the next overly merry fellow doesn't decide to give it an extra bit of fun and lob it through a window!

4 Comments:

At October 05, 2006 1:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How heavy was it?

 
At October 05, 2006 11:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It (well they actually - turned out there were two of them!) was surprisingly light... to carry around anyway - heavy enough to make a big enough noise when lugged at something though!

 
At October 06, 2006 1:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you put it? You could use it as a very quirky lamp in your living room.

 
At October 06, 2006 2:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, we're now having to consider the options (TeenSon still wants one in his bedroom!)... the Police said the Highways Agency would come and get them... but as yet I still have two bloomin' great bollards standing in the garden (and the HA I noticed were pretty quick to put some 'new' bollards on the traffic island - I suspect I may be lumbered)! So, quirky lamps they may well end up being!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home