Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Tea and Comments

Well, this morning I am posting once again during my real, genuine, actual tea-break - and it is a most welcome one!
It has been a very peculiar morning... during which I managed to lose among other things and people, the vicar and my assembly! If only that text message had arrived, all would have become crystal clear! Oh well, all in a days ministering I suppose!

And now for some other tea-break revelations... [revelations, ha ha... I didn't want to use the word 'randomness' again - too many posts containing the word 'random' round here!]

First, I have found it interesting that the two of my blog posts 'most found via a search engine' are 'The Temple Curtain' and 'Diary of a Church Mouse' - and yet neither of these has a single comment on them. My analytical self tends to weigh up these kind of things without the rest of me even noticing sometimes, and I can't help but wonder if:

a) They are found via a search but when the reader arrives they are not remotely related to what they were looking for.
b) They were remotely related to the searched for subject but the reader found them totally uninteresting on arrival (the posts that is, not the 'Diary of a Church Mouse' poem itself - what a classic!) and so were far too polite to comment.
c) They were remotely related to the searched for subject but having read them the reader found them totally unworthy of comment (this of course relates more to The Temple Curtain as I wrote it!).
d) They were found reasonably interesting on arrival, but most of us after all don't post comments on most, or at least some, of the posts we read.
e) They were found so supremely fantastic and spiritually moving that the reader was rendered temporarily speechless and totally unable to make a comment.
f) The reader was about to comment but the kettle boiled so they went off to make a cup of tea, which is far more interesting.

Well, it is important to ponder the important questions of the universe, don't you think?

And lastly, in this rather random (oops, I said it) post, I would like to mention that I am currently reading 'Basil Hume The Monk Cardinal' by Anthony Howard and it is excellent - Basil Hume was an inspiring man and I would recommend this book (whatever your churchmanship, or lack of).

Right, I'm going to finish that cup of tea now...

7 Comments:

At October 06, 2006 1:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At October 06, 2006 3:01 pm, Blogger Chelley said...

Previous 'comment' deleted as suspected spam! If it was you, and that wasn't spam - then my apologies!

 
At October 10, 2006 10:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't think of or see the words 'church mive' without doing an impression of the mice on Bagpuss!

 
At October 11, 2006 1:17 pm, Blogger Majic said...

How did you find that out Michele?
I've actually searched for my own blog title on Google, and it still doesn't appear! Must be going wrong somewhere - any ideas?
No wonder no one reads it!(Except for you and Jag - thank you for your loyal support! Er, though I do notice my link doesn't appear on your site, hmph hmph!)

 
At October 11, 2006 3:31 pm, Blogger Chelley said...

Beki: Ooh, yes Bagpuss - loved it... and see what you mean about the mice! "And the mice from the mouse organ began to wake up..." something like that isn't it?

Magic: Hiya! Nice bold link added at the top of the list, just for you :)
I got the stats through www.sitemeter.com where, once registered, you can find out things like which site people are finding you from (referrals) etc. Have you searched for your blog on 'Google blogs' rather than 'Google' - you might have more luck? Glad to be one of your faithful readers with Jag, and looking at the number of hits on your site, there must be more of us!

 
At October 11, 2006 5:05 pm, Blogger Majic said...

I think most of the hits are me going in to see who's been there!
Wow - my link now has pride of place at the top, and in Bold! Better go and write something interesting now!

 
At October 22, 2006 5:35 pm, Blogger RenaSherwood said...

I'm going with f. Nice post during my tea. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home