Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Randomness

Well, a blank screen sits before me! Listening to a rather random and mixed playlist tonight... The Streets - Fit (but you know it) has just finished and now I'm merrily singing along to that 80's classic by Flock of Seagulls - Wishing (If I had a Photograph of You)... (come on, some of you must remember it!). Yes, it does look like there'll be a running musical commentary through this post. Soft Cell - Tainted Love. Weezer - Beverly Hills. Well, as you can see the music is running faster than my creative thought processes.
Got a delightful sea of bluebells in my garden (which is significantly less wilderness-like after G spent Sunday afternoon taming it)... so here they are...
Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out. (Yes, a few overlaps with the other playlist). The Commodores - Easy (ah, what a mellow classic!).
Perhaps I can post something of my day... rewarding but pretty typical - a Primary (whole school) assembly followed by an Infants' one (in a different school), assorted admin and preparation, Marriage Preparation with a very nice couple; and tomorrow is my day off (Hurrah!). This Time - Starsailor. Nothing weird and wacky to report, just an ordinary day of trying to serve God and the community.
Funnily enough though (no idea why), something reminded me today of a comment made a while ago by someone (now married) who was once in the youth group I led. Billy Ocean - Love Really Hurts Without You. So, here it is... "It's hard to maintain an air of mystery when one has an irritable bowel!" It makes me laugh just typing it. The context of that was newly married woman, who hadn't lost her ability to cut straight to the heart of being human, making a reference to her friend about anti-social air dispersal in bed, ha ha! Blink 182 - I Miss You. Daniel Powter - Bad Day. Rihanna - SOS. ELO - Livin' Thing (yes indeed). The Human League - Don't You Want Me. Did I, or did I not, warn you of the random selection of music - as well as the general nature of the post, hinted at in the title 'Randomness'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home