Thursday, May 04, 2006

Name That Band

I was just pondering (for some strange reason that I can't recall!) The Town and Country Club Kentish Town, Then Jerico and the way Then Jerico came up with their name! I have no idea which thought came first and led to the others! Anyway, I saw Then Jerico in concert at the Town and Country Club (I hate that it's called The Forum now!) in December 1987... (I've just spent 20 minutes or so wandering round the house trying to find my camera so I could blog the pictures of my delightful TJ vinyl albums, but it is nowhere to be seen... when it shows I'll add them). So, apparently (disclaimer: this could be wildly mis-remembered, but I'm sure I heard it somewhere!) Then Jerico got their name by opening the dictionary* and pointing at random words... resulting in...well, Then Jerico.
And so, I thought, it might be slightly amusing to come up with other rock band names in the same way!
Here are the rules: close eyes, open dictionary (having it nearby before you close your eyes would probably be a good idea), jab finger at page, read word, open new page, re-jab, reveal the name of your band in comments. [No cheating!!]

I will start... The name of my band is: Stage Projection, hmmm quite fitting I suppose but not very rock-ish!

Aside: Does anyone else have fond memories of the Town and Country? I saw a whole bunch of obscure bands there in the late 80's!

*or maybe it was a Bible... seeing as how Jerico/Jericho isn't in the dictionary! So, my Bible rock band name is... Tabeel King... hmmm, better not give up the day job.

4 Comments:

At May 04, 2006 10:33 am, Blogger Sally said...

My band is called Boulder Sink....or Sink Boulder- wierd but true!

 
At May 04, 2006 10:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's better than mine! Boulder for a 'rock' band - very fitting ha ha (sorry!)

 
At May 05, 2006 10:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it was the Oxford reference Dictionary Jerico would be in there, as it contains place names.

My rock band name is...
Decimate Lammas

 
At May 05, 2006 11:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! Thanks Neil, they obviously just had the better dictionary!! Decimate Lammas - good one, as long as Ozzy O. doesn't get to lead it and take the band's name too seriously!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home