Friday, December 07, 2007

Friday Five

I think this may be the first time I've joined in the RevGalBlogPals 'Friday Five'. This week's is on Preparation Preparation...

1. You have a busy week, pushing out all time for preparing worship/ Sunday School lessons/ being ready for an important meeting (or whatever equivalent your profession demands)- how do you cope?
I squeeze in some time to prepare - either by staying up late or getting up very early, or both!

2. You have unexpected visitors, and need to provide them with a meal- what do you do?
I've usually got some chicken in the freezer and potatoes in the cupboard so I could usually manage jacket potatoes and a big pot of chicken and whatever else I've got to go in it! Or a meal from whatever else I did have - and if there's absolutely nothing, then I'd nip round the shop and grab something. I'm a bit of a dull cook, but this wouldn't faze me particularly!

Three discussion topics:
3. Thinking along the lines of this weeks advent theme; repentance is an important but often neglected aspect of advent preparations.....

I suspect I also neglect this aspect and focus on eager expectation and preparations/looking afresh at our spiritual life (which I suppose should draw in repentance then). But I leave the serious repentance season for Lent!

4. Some of the best experiences in life occur when you simply go with the flow.....
Possibly, can't think of any off the top of my head though!

5. Details are everything, attention to the small things enables a plan to roll forward smoothly...
Well, yes, I am a detail person so I tend to cover details as an automatic really. Having said that though, I still manage to frustrate the whatsit out of myself by not being prepared and organised enough!

Bonus if you dare- how well prepared are you for Christmas this year?
Hahahahaha! Does that answer the question? Though it does depend on which aspect of Christmas you look at - work (as in church) wise, I've been thinking and planning ahead and am getting the services sorted out. Homewise I end up charging around at the last minute and not sending out the cards. I'm trying harder this year (which I say I'll do every year) and have at least bought a few things today.

3 Comments:

At December 07, 2007 7:07 pm, Blogger Sally said...

So glad you played- how I wish I was a details person!!! ...and a big pot of chicken something sounds wonderful to me!!!

 
At December 07, 2007 10:53 pm, Blogger Deb said...

I make lists of details and then can't find them... sigh... but I am learning a few tricks so perhaps I am not a hopeless case. Christmas cards??? oh dear. haven't started those, either.

sigh

d

 
At December 29, 2007 9:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post.
I enjoyed reading it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home