Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Hits and Linkeage!

This blog is 38 days old today! Not a remarkeable anniversary, but I mention it because after 38 days I am still at that 'chuffed by every hit' phase in my blog-life! Unlike you wise old bloggers out there with thirty-four-thousand-six-hundred-and-twenty-eight hits each, and nearly as many comments and links, and for whom readers are par for the course, I waited with eager expectation and hope (yes, I know it is ridiculously sad!) for Technorati to show that I had my first link! And lo, one day it did appear! But at the grand old total of one, it stopped.
It would seem that I have managed to acquire Technorati recognition for the links from the two blog rings of which the Teapot is a member (which doesn't really count seeing as I went and asked nicely to be added), but no sign, hint, or glimmer of individual linkeage is to be seen.
So, I would like to take this opportunity firstly to say to Route79, Neil of the Slightly Random Wiblog and The Village Voice: thanks for linking here to my humble little blog... stay and have a cuppa... I'll go and put the kettle on!
And secondly (referring back to my total blog age and inexperience of 38 days): are Technorati just ignoring my teapot, or have I totally misunderstood what the whole links thing is about (quite probable!). Answers on a postcard would be appreciated (or in the comments if that's a bit easier - I did once send Mr. Technorati a rather dumb-sounding e-mail, but as yet he hasn't replied - probably can't believe the questions some newby bloggers ask).
Anyway, thank you for visiting...!

*Add-on: The Wibloggers are having a bit of trouble with their sites at the moment so you might not be able to read the most recent posts of Neil's Slightly Random Wiblog, but the archives are worth a visit - some right funny ones in there!

*Another add-on: It seems that you can't read the archives either so go and visit another day!

8 Comments:

At April 19, 2006 6:53 pm, Blogger Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Your post is funny! People will come near linking to you if you link to them. Also....mozey to other blogs and leave comments. Your traffic will be up in no time!

 
At April 19, 2006 9:11 pm, Blogger Jag said...

A pleasure to link to your pages here! (Thanks for linking mine!) I really do enjoy a nice cuppa :-)

I've never really understood Technorati either ...

 
At April 19, 2006 9:29 pm, Blogger Chelley said...

Princess: Thanks! I do enjoy drifting around blogs having a little chat here and there, and I am often to be found attempting various blog comps (and losing!). Recently I didn't win a Tube mug from Annie Mole and I didn't win a cartoon comp from the Cartoon Blog, but I enjoyed trying!! I am waiting on tenterhooks at the moment for the winner of Annie's caption competition - I expect I won't win that either... but oh well eh! http://london-underground.blogspot.com

Jag: Glad it's not just me who's a bit stumped by Technorati! I think I'll have a wander over your way and find something nice to eat - I love the way you present the recipes!
Jag has a whole load of great recipes!

 
At April 19, 2006 11:47 pm, Blogger Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I won a signed copy of *Bitter Is the New Black* from a blog. I LOVE winning things!!

 
At April 20, 2006 9:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your kind words, some people have said I am Right Funny, but I am not sure in what sense they meant!

Your blog continues to be a great read, I will link again when things are up and running in the wibosphere.

 
At April 20, 2006 9:14 am, Blogger annie mole said...

I also don't really understand the whys and wherefores of Technorati. But if it helps I've also added you to my blog roll too.

Thanks for visiting my blog and for entering the competitions too. Poor old Dmitri has entered virtually every competition and has finally won a bonus prize, but like you he said he just likes entering anyway.

You've got a good attitude for a new blogger and as Princess says, keep dropping by to new blogs and keep making comments and you'll gradually find your visits and links go up.

I remember after I'd only been blogging for a month as I broke my leg and couldn't use the Tube, which I thought was sods law and put a bit of a dampener on blogging for a bit ;-)

 
At April 20, 2006 10:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Princess: Bet you were right chuffed when you won - I'm sure that if I ever win anything it will be posted all over the Teapot!
Neil: Well I think I've said in your comments before that I've sat reading some pages laughing out loud - it's great therapy having a good laugh (and I meant that in a good way!). Hope the wibosphere is sorted soon!
Annie: Many thanks for the link! I happened to be reading some of your old posts the other day where you said you broke your leg - I hope it all healed ok?
I am at the moment mulling over which station that Poirot was filmed in, and a caption for the piccie!

See Annie's blog today if you don't know what I'm talking about! http://london-underground.blogspot.com

 
At April 20, 2006 3:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle,

It's an absolutle pleasure linking to you, keep reading my blog (which I WILL update) and I look forward to plenty more from you, as I'm sure there's still plenty of tea left in the pot!

Best Wishes,

SV

 

Post a Comment

<< Home