Saturday, April 01, 2006

Archive Trawling

One of the good* things about having only just discovered a whole bunch of blogs that I now enjoy reading, is that I have a ton of archives to trawl through! This morning I found myself reading the 'May 2005' posts on Annie Mole's London Underground Blog. I was particularly gripped by the post entitled 'Cutting Remarks' - about the false fronted 'houses' in Leinster Gardens, Paddington/Bayswater! Unfortunately, the piccies seemed to have vanished into the great blogosphere void type place (the one that is a little white box with a red cross on it) so having become quite curious about all this, I went on a little net search for Leinster Gardens. On the off chance that you are also interested in seeing what 23 and 24 Leinster Gardens look like then here's another link that shows you! This is just the sort of oddity that I find fascinating!
So anyway, long-standing bloggers out there, if you find that you're suddenly getting comments left on posts from the dark ages of your blog, it's because lunatics like me are still trawling their merry little way through your archives!

(*sad/pathetic)

3 Comments:

At April 03, 2006 8:51 am, Blogger annie mole said...

Adam Hart Davies did the same thing as Geoff on TV - and I blogged some pictures here

http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2005_09_01_london-underground_archive.html#112644608871045304

Thanks for delving into the archives though!

 
At April 03, 2006 9:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for pointing me at Leinster Gardens - Part Two. Will have to look out for another repeat of that AHD episode!

 
At April 05, 2006 8:36 pm, Blogger Jag said...

Ditto Annie: glad you enjoying the archives!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home