Monday, October 12, 2009

A bit more 'About'...

Here's my RevGalBlogPals 'Meet and Greet' interview that popped up on the RevGals site recently...

1. Where do you blog?
At http://chelleysteapot.blogspot.com. This is my revgals connected blog which was started during my curacy and was a bit neglected over the last few months, but I'm getting going again (slowly!)! I also blog... in an even more neglectful way... at http://wibsite.com/chelley.

2. What are your favorite non-revgal blog pal blogs?
Hmmm... wow, this is where I try and remember what will seem really obvious when I've finished this! From a Christian perspective I've enjoyed www.reallivepreacher.com and http://elizaphanian.blogspot.com.... and lots more, but my blog reading has been a bit sparse lately too. My mission will be to go out there and get inspired again! From other interests I'm afraid I have to confess to a bit of a geeky interest in London (best city in the world, though I am biased!) and London Underground of all things! So, http://diamondgeezer.blogspot.com, http://geofftech.co.uk/iblog (a Londoner now Stateside) and http://london-underground.blogspot.com are particular favourites!

3. What gives you joy?
Being inspired, the laughter of young children, beautiful countryside, satisfaction in even the small things of ministry, sunsets and sunrises, early mornings, birdsong, being a mum, music, time to be immersed in a good book, the thought of what's to come, sharing God...

4. What is your favorite sound?
Waves, birdsong, children's laughter, the voices of loved ones, violins, God's 'voice'... those echoes of the things that bring me joy!

5. What do you hope to hear once you enter the pearly gates?
I expect this will be the truly predictable answer, but I really would love to hear "well done good and faithful servant!" You see I'm not very good at thinking 'well done' but though I live in the knowledge of God's love, I'm rather too good at imagining him as a rather disappointed parent who notices my shortcomings, lazy times and lack of inspiration as much as I do! I was reminded recently of the times of discovery a long way back in my journey when the sense of being a loved, precious child was at the forefront of my walk and has been a bit overlooked in the years of ministry... replaced almost with one who expects more of me than I can produce. And yet, how well He knows me! Phew!

6. You have up to 15 words, what would you put on your tombstone?
Hmmm... "I told you so" would be the tongue in cheek answer (referring to what comes next rather than what sent me off!).Perhaps simply "she loved God and she loved us".

7. Write the first sentence of your own great American novel.
Can I have a British one please? I've looked at the screen for a while and come up blank, so I'd better not rely on producing fiction as an alternative career... but if I could come up with something like Jane Austen's wonderful "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife." (Pride and Prejudice) then I'd be more than a little chuffed!

8. What color do you prefer your pen?
Blue. I don't know why! Should I have a profound reason for that choice... I think my writing looks nicer in blue! And now I come to think of it I do generally rather like blue, it is after all one of the colours of Spurs! (Tottenham Hotspur - North London football club and the greatest team of all!).

9. What magazines do you subscribe too?
None at the moment. But if I was choosing to subscribe from the magazines I like to read every so often (when finances allow) then I'd go for the BBC History Magazine, Country Living (despite living in an Industrial, built up part of England, just east of London!), Country Walking, or Period Living and Traditional Homes!

10. What is something you want to achieve in this decade?
Seeing people who's lives are lived near, and touch mine, grow in faith, purpose, love and hope and helping them along the way (as they often help me). Not only those who have been 'given' me to care for in the church and parish but to be someone who is a blessing wherever! (That's not meant to sound pious!). And aside from that, I'd love to fill my thoughts with things that inspire me, give me ideas, bring me closer to God... and if it's not being greedy - England winning the World Cup would be great! Though not really my achievement that one!

11. Why are you cool?
Because the window's open next to me.

12. What is one of your favorite memories?
Well, going back to what I said in number 5... the day when TeenSon (now 18) was about 4 years old and we were walking along the alleyway behind our then home to get to the Supermarket at the other end. He was skipping along happily ahead of me and I remember watching him with such a feeling of love and joy, and all of a sudden I 'heard' a voice say "that's just how I feel about you" - it almost stopped me in my tracks... God could feel that level of love and delight over me, and it had a profound affect! I need to remember it more often!

13. Anything else you've always wanted to be asked?
"Would you come and preach at our church?" (I might be an inspirer then!)
"Would you pray with me?" (Because it's a sign of openness to God)
"Would you like a cup of tea?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home