Sunday, August 30, 2009

Breathing life into the Teapot

Fortunately teapots are not prone to disintigration when long neglected! This little teapot is still ready for a brew... and it's good to bank on the familiar things of life - like a nice cup of tea - when all around is uncertain, unfamiliar of just challenging! Of course those three elements of life aren't necessarily negative ones: some of the uncertain, unfamiliar and challenging aspects of my own life are also exciting and stretching. TeenSon will be off to university in about a month's time, a special someone has found a place in my life over the last few months (the biggest surprise), vicaring still provides amazing delights and challenges that every day feel beyond me, but are fortunately not beyond God. And as my fortnight's holiday draws to a close (though not quite yet) my thoughts will turn again to how I meet the challenge of being the assistant shepherd to God's sheep in this place. The clamouring voices and demands line up to be heard - my own (usually suggesting a lack of many things), my mum's (look after yourself and home too), SS (Special Someone) and TS deserving quality of time and attention, the people of church and community to be loved and served and taught and prayed for... and in all that clamouring - the most important voice of all to strain towards... His still, small voice that makes sense of all others. I'll just put the kettle on and have a listen while the tea brews...

1 Comments:

At September 07, 2009 4:46 pm, Anonymous Chelley said...

Thankyou! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home